Grab Dr Brassy's Blogger Badge

 photo 8ba4e6b6-d2a7-4111-93c1-be0ead57b733_zps042c7e63.jpg

Friday, July 1, 2011

Things I have learned along the way...8 Jewelry Making Truths

Jewelry making should be declared an extreme sport with protective gear, instant replays and cheerleaders. I say this not because I want to scare away that timid man or lass who has been sitting on the side, pondering the wild world of WIITWD (What it is, that we do), but because it is true.

Things I have learned over the years that I would like to share with you, not only because my therapist told me to, but because I don't want anyone to make the same mistakes I have:
1) Never wrap aluminum foil around the bare wires of your jewelers lamp. No matter how wobbly the socket, do not do this unless you want a perm that will never grow out. 
2) Never close yourself off in the bathroom to do LOS (Liver of Sulfur) applications. Or at least that is what the Paramedics and Hot Fireman told me after I regained consciousness.
3) Never use your fingers to spread hot glue. This ended my dream to be a hand model.
4) Dremel Tools are possessed and have a mind of their own. Never use a Dremel without a Wingman, A Bodyguard and  Full Kevlar.
5) You WILL Crazy Glue your fingers to your lips at some juncture. Know this and be ok with it when it happens.
6) Never wear your favorite black gypsy skirt while jewelry making unless you really want to have to explain that the brown streak across your butt is bronze gilders paste and not something that belongs in a cat litter box.
7) Always keep these things close by when jewelry making. a) The phone, b) Acetone (see item #5 above), c) Ice Water, d)  Baby Wipes, e) A good Chardonnay.
8) and finally... always remember our motto, "There's no use crying over spilled glue". 

~ Dr Brassy

No comments:

Post a Comment